Things to remember when buying a house:
1. Do your research - you cannot research enough. Into the background of the land, the history of the area, whats local and what not, what are the schools like, what are the crime stats (compare this to a similar sized area).
2. Don't be afraid to ask questions - no matter how silly you think they are. We bought a new build and so had a lot of questions for the builders sales team - who gave nothing away.
3. Use your own solicitor not the builders recommended one - this was a mistake we made and we had to do a lot of work ourselves.
4. Have reserve funds for the extras you don't account for. Probably about 2% of the asking price.
5. Visit the area a lot to get a feel for it, talk to neighbours and people locally.
So because we bought a new build we got a blank canvas. So we needed to buy everything from curtain tracks to carpets to flooring. I'll share with you some of the things we bought so far and the mood boards I have been creating for each room. Would love to know your thoughts.
New house - we moved in the weekend it snowed real bad:
And here are the curtains and sofas: